New nerve cells – even in old age

Different stem cell populations are easily distinguishable under the microscope. The first group includes cells that are perpendicular to the surface of the hippocampus. Most of these stem cells are dormant radial. In contrast to this, over 80 percent of the cells in the horizontal group of stem cells – cells whose orientation is parallel to the surface of the hippocampus – constantly forming new cells, the remaining 20 percent ​​are unemployed, but sporadically activated.After birth, the brain loses many nerve cells and that lasts a lifetime – most of the neurons are formed before birth, after which many neurons degenerate into excess. However, there are some cells that are still capable of division in the elderly – in the brains of mice, at least. According to scientists at the Max Planck Institute in Freiburg in Freiburg, there are different types of neurons that can create new neurons lexapro and libido. Then divide continuously and create new neurons in young animals, most cells in older animals remain in a dormant state. However, the production of new cells can be reactivated, for example, by physical activity or seizures.

Horizontal and radial stem cells differ not only in their arrangement, it seems, they also react to different stimuli zoloft weight loss. When the animals are physically active, radial stem cells leave their hibernation and start to divide, this has little effect on stem cells in a horizontal direction. The result is that stem cells can be divided into multiple radial active mice. Stem cells horizontally, however, are also suffering from seizures

You can not teach an old dog new tricks paxil litigation. However, these neural stem cells in the hippocampus – a brain region that plays a central role in learning and memory – able to produce new nerve cells in life. And ‘well-known tests on mice that are newly formed cells integrated into existing networks and play an important role in the learning abilities of animals. However, the formation of new cells diminishes with age and the reasons for this were unknown until now.

It seems that the neural stem cells are not only in the mouse brain. Therefore, scientists suspect that the different types of active and inactive stem cells arise in the human brain. It ‘possible that dormant stem cells in humans can also be activated in a manner similar to stem cells in mice inactive cr gain paxil weight. There are indicators that the excessive formation of new neurons play a role. The use of neural stem cells of the brain to treat brain injuries or degenerative diseases such as Alzheimer’s disease may also be possible one day Verdon Taylor hopes .

With the Aplio MX, NORTHSTAR health system is able to perform advanced ultrasound examinations, usually done with larger, more expensive ultrasound systems, the use of this system of small size without sacrificing quality. In addition, the Aplio MX NORTHSTAR authorized the health system to start a clinic for the treatment of patients with varicose veins, with the use of the system for mapping of veins and or procedures. Ultrasound is particularly beneficial for patients with varicose veins, because it clearly displays the veins for treatment planning, not the dose of radiation zoloft kava kava.

This entry was posted in pharmacy news. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.